Do you love to collaborate and help businesses thrive? At Qualis as a Gardener you will be undertaking a range of gardening activities whilst delivering a high-quality grounds maintenance service to our customers and stakeholders.
This exciting opportunity will be based in Loughton, though you will be required to work across various areas within the Epping region. You will join us on a full-time basis in return for a salary between £23,000 to £26,000 per annum. Salary will reflect your skills and knowledge.
You will also receive other benefits including:
- Opportunity to earn a performance related cash bonus of up 15% of salary
- Pension scheme contributions set at 7% of salary
- Life Insurance cover at 4 x your annual salary
- Private healthcare
- 25 days a year holiday, plus bank holidays
Your role and responsibilities:
- To deliver excellent customer focused services, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To undertake general grounds maintenance duties and horticultural operations as required including but not exclusively grass cutting, hedge trimming, shrub pruning, weeding, chemical applications
- To drive and maintain vehicles, machinery and tools as required and report any damage or malfunction.
- Ensure that the work of the service is high quality and ensure that relevant health and safety guidelines and safe working methods are always observed and in accordance with our policies and procedures
- Achieve relevant performance targets are met and activities are completed on time, to the correct quality.
- Duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhausted as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
What you will bring to the team:
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively with work colleagues and be courteous to members of the public.
- Ability to maintain an effective and professional approach at all times.
- Enthusiasm for the work and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A willingness to learn new skills
- To be physically fit and use equipment requiring agility, strength and dexterity.
- Ability to work outside in all weathers
- Good time keeping skills and ability to provide consistent attendance.
- Ability to follow direction and works instructions from senior colleagues.
- To be willing to accept flexible work patterns and duties as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- A good standard of education (GCSE’s)
- Formal horticultural training such as a PA1 and PA6.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of associated grounds maintenance machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic IT skills such as answering emails and use of android mobile phones
- Previous experience with general grounds maintenance including the safe use and operation of pedestrian mowing equipment, strimmer’s, hedge cutters and hand tools associated with the role.
- Some evidence of soft landscaping skills such as planting.
- Maintenance and operation of a Ransomes Highway 3 or similar ride on mowing equipment.
- Evidence of being able to work in a timely manner under own initiative and to a good standard without supervision.
- Ability to operate within a small team and provide support to colleagues.
- The ability to drive and operate associated Qualis vehicles and machinery
- A full clean current driving licence.
- A satisfactory DBS check is required as part of this role.
You will join a team where you will feel supported, trusted, and appreciated. Our existing team have a wide-ranging background and knowledge but most importantly, appreciate the unique skills and passions that each co-worker brings to the team.